The expectations of your stakeholders have never been higher. Remaining relevant to your always ‘connected’ members and donors whilst striving to improve internal efficiencies means that non-profits are working harder than ever to ensure they have the right tech to support their ambitions.
It’s not just a case of identifying your aspirations but also understanding the technology needed to support these, whether that’s a tech refresh or a complete overhaul of your website, CRM or other digital technology.
However complex, getting your digital project from an idea to being signed off and securing buy-in usually rests on a Business Case which illustrates your case for change. One question is, should all strategy be digital or is digital part of your strategy?
We’ll discuss how to get your digital project off to the right start to ensure it delivers a lasting impact.
- Hear the essentials to include in any compelling Business Case or strategy document
- Learn to identify the fundamental principles behind any successful case for change
- Hear what your boards need to understand about your proposal to make the investment
- Hear best practice to ensure the plan is aligned to your overall organisational goals, objectives and strategies
- Find out how to identify any gaps in resourcing, understand your project governance and who your key stakeholders are
- Learn how to define your success criteria and track and report on it at any stage of your project
- Hear how others have made the case for change and what you can learn from their experiences
Who is this for: For anyone embarking on any new digital project, taking your 1st steps to writing a Business Case or seeking a refresher on how best to position a case for change.
Director of Supporter Operations and Data Services