Business Development Manager
Do you have a “consultative” approach to selling professional services, with a technology or project management background? Have you worked in the not for profit sector and have experience of presenting at board and senior management level? This may be a role for you!
We’re looking for an experienced and dynamic Business Development Manager to help us meet our growth targets for the business by managing sales opportunities and bringing new clients and projects into Hart Square.
This role is about the management of sales opportunities and leads – it is a targeted sales role and you will carry a personal target and you will be responsible for managing your own sales opportunities and pipeline.
You will meet with prospective and existing clients to assess their technology needs and provide a sales proposal to them, and follow that through the sales cycle to closing the sale.
- Proven track record of B2B selling within the technology or not for profit sector, with achievement of a personal target and closing deals
- Proven track record in a targeted sales role is essential
- Experience of managing multiple concurrent sales opportunities with different timeframes
- Has a “consultative” approach to selling professional services, with a consultancy or project management background
- A background in consulting or project delivery for CRM or website projects would be an advantage
- Has ideally worked in the not for profit non-profit sector
- Experience of presenting at board and senior management level is essential
We can offer you:
- Work in a tight-knit and supportive team
- The opportunity to work with some of the top CRM and technology providers in the sector
- The opportunity to work with the most prestigious not-for-profit organisations in the country
- Monthly get-together’s as a company
- A generous remuneration package
- Professional growth as well as personal development
- Mentoring from leading sector experts
- Training across a variety of platforms and specialisms
- Time off between Christmas and New Year
- Length of service annual leave bonus structure
- The opportunity to celebrate our success with cake, regular team lunches and an end of year party
About Hart Square:
Hart Square is a leading provider of consulting services to not-for-profit, professional membership and fundraising organisations, charities, trade associations and the education and healthcare sectors. We deliver digital transformation projects to our clients, from strategic planning, requirements gathering projects, business process reviews to vendor selections, technology implementations and general consultancy and support.
Why work at Hart Square:
At Hart Square, you’ll work in a small, dedicated team. We have fun and challenge ourselves. We never stand still and constantly push the limits of our knowledge, solving complex and fascinating problems. We want to do meaningful work for the not-for-profit sector and make a difference to our clients every day.
The role presents an opportunity to join a growing independent technology consultancy, working exclusively with the NFP sector and celebrating its 10th anniversary in 2019. Joining us will enable you to have a real and visible impact in a prominent independent business
- You have a “consultative” approach to selling professional services
- Able to identify, influence decision making groups and senior stakeholders
- Excellent written, presenting and interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills, able to influence decision making groups and senior stakeholders
- A determined self-starter with strong sales management ability (i.e. action and results-oriented with tenacious follow-through and close attention to detail)
- Good decision-making, time management, and organisation skills
- Proficiency with MS Office software
- Familiarity with using, maintaining and growing sales-tracking CRM systems
- Organised and disciplined across multiple concurrent opportunities
- Can be creative in finding and recommending solutions to our clients
Job type: full time
£50k base plus OTE dependent on experience
25 days annual holiday entitlement plus 8 public holidays
Location: London Bridge
If this sounds like you, and you’d like to be part of a rapidly growing consultancy practice, then send us your CV along with a (single side) covering letter telling us why you think you’re right for the job.
Hart Square reserves the right to close the applications early if a suitable applicant is found so please apply early.
The application process:
To discuss the role further please contact Justin Waddilove on firstname.lastname@example.org
You can apply via CharityJob or send a CV and covering letter to Justin on the email address above.
Applications close on August 9th 2019.
Download the job description below for further information.